It’s New Year’s Resolution season and we wanted to take a minute to inspire you to revisit your communication strategies with our list of the top five ways to communicate that we recommend most often to our clients:
- Be social! While a lot has changed (and will continue to change) in the social media world, it’s still where you need to be to engage with the digital word of mouth and create and participate in the buzz surrounding your product or service. Which platforms or channels you need to be on may vary, so if you’re not sure, give us a shout-out and we’d be happy to point you in the right direction. We wrote a little ditty here that you might like, too.
- eNewsletters! Email marketing is alive and well, especially if you are good at producing quality, informative content. Remember to always include links to your website as well as other obvious contact information. Link to your social media accounts, too. Don’t be a pest, but be consistent and be valuable.
- Press Releases. While this can be a bit more tricky to know how to format and how to distribute, this may be your business’s best vehicle for communicating timely, newsworthy information and announcements. We can help direct you with the basics as well as determine if a press release is a good fit for you.
- Printed material. There is still a large part of people out there who like to hold your information in their hot little hands–in the form of a brochure, an annual report, a business card, etc. Direct mail is also often a good medium of connecting and informing your audience. Our number one advice would be to get professional help in designing and determining your content and message.
- Blog your heart out! Make this your year to start or revitalize your blog on your website. Start with a commitment to blog once a month for your first three months, and then go up from there. Make sure you track your results with Google Analytics or your WordPress site’s statistics pack. Read more here about how to get started.
The New Year always brings the promise of new opportunities and new beginnings. Make 2013 your year to communicate with great gusto! Jazepro would love to help you get started, start over or whatever your case may need. Browse our site and other blog posts to learn more, or comment below, send us an email, give us a phone call, or use your powers of telepathy (we’re not very good at that one)!
Happy New Year!